Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 2024 09:34:38 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS problems since recently ?

--=_2cd57a592242f8fd641657a1aa46689f

Am 2024-01-02 08:22, schrieb Kurt Jaeger:
> Hi!
>
>> The sysctl for block cloning is vfs.zfs.bclone_enabled.
>> To check if a pool has made use of block cloning:
>>     zpool get all poolname | grep bclone
>
> One more thing:
>
> I have two pools on that box, and one of them has some bclone files:
>
> # zpool get all ref | grep bclone
> ref   bcloneused                     21.8M                          -
> ref   bclonesaved                    24.4M                          -
> ref   bcloneratio                    2.12x                          -
> # zpool get all pou | grep bclone
> pou   bcloneused                     0                              -
> pou   bclonesaved                    0                              -
> pou   bcloneratio                    1.00x                          -
>
> The ref pool contains the system and some files.
> The pou pool is for poudriere only.
>
> How do I find which files on ref are bcloned and how can I remove the
> bcloning from them ?

No idea about the detection (I don't expect an easy way), but the answer
to the second part is to copy the files after disabling block cloning.
As this is system stuff, I would expect it is not much data, and you
could copy everything and then move back to the original place. I would
also assume original log files are not affected, and only files which
were copied (installworld or installkernel or backup files or manual
copies or port install (not sure about pkg install)) are possible
targets.

Bye,
Alexander.

--