Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:45:15 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pine64 and USB bug

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 22:32:27 +0200
Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:

> On 2019-07-07 22:08, Milan Obuch wrote:
> > Any hint, anybody? This was FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT r349025 GENERIC,
> > snapshot downloaded fromftp.freebsd.org.
>
> Did you check that the data-GPIO-pins are correctly configured when
> you boot?
>
> Is the bootloader able to access this port?
>
> --HPS

Well, for the loader part - no. In uboot, 'usb tree' command gives

USB device tree:
  1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
     u-boot EHCI Host Controller

  1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
     u-boot EHCI Host Controller

which means only controllers itself are detected. Just for record, in
this image, U-Boot 2019.04 is used, i. e. newest released version.
Also, running 'usb start' command changes nothing, so in uboot, no USB
device is usable, on either port. Keyboard does not work, either - this
could change in soon to be expected 2019.07 version, but it is not
important for me.

Next step is EFI - no idea here. I do not know how to check whether USB
is working.

FreeBSD's loader does not see USB devices either - I think it just uses
what it gets from earlier stages.

So first moment, when USB looks usable, is after kernel is loaded...
just only one of the ports is working.

I checked schematics available, power lines seem to be enabled
unconditionally, so maybe there is something in DTB, but I did not
investigate deeper, yet - I used snapshot from ftp.freebsd.org,
FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-PINE64-LTS-20190614-r349025.img.xz -
I think if anybody else tried it, the result should be the same (no
local modification, at least in loader-kernel part).

Regards,
Milan