Date:      Wed, 5 May 2010 23:15:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kdelibs3 fails to compile

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Marco Beishuizen wrote:

> ./kopenssl.h:532: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
> ./kopenssl.h:538: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
> ./kopenssl.h:544: error: expected ';' before '(' token
> ./kopenssl.h:550: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'STACK' with no type
> ./kopenssl.h:550: error: expected ';' before '*' token
> ./kopenssl.h:556: error: 'STACK' has not been declared
> ./kopenssl.h:562: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'STACK' with no type
> ./kopenssl.h:562: error: expected ';' before '*' token
> ./kopenssl.h:828: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'STACK' with no type

This one is solved too. It appears that FreeBSD uses two versions of
OpenSSL and these two don't mix to well. I had a problem with another port
some time ago which insisted on installing openssl with MD2 support on
(wasn't on by default). Now kdelibs3 insists on using the openssl in the
base system and doesn't like openssl from ports. So I had to deinstall
openssl from ports first. I don't understand why there isn't just one
openssl version used.

--
 		The Three Major Kind of Tools

* Tools for hitting things to make them loose or to tighten them up or
   jar their many complex, sophisticated electrical parts in such a
   manner that they function perfectly.  (These are your hammers, maces,
   bludgeons, and truncheons.)

* Tools that, if dropped properly, can penetrate your foot.  (Awls)

* Tools that nobody should ever use because the potential danger is far
   greater than the value of any project that could possibly result.
   (Power saws, power drills, power staplers, any kind of tool that uses
   any kind of power more advanced than flashlight batteries.)
 		-- Dave Barry, "The Taming of the Screw"