Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2019 19:07:56 -0600
From:      Kevin Zheng <kevinz5000@gmail.com>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>, x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GPU hang on ThinkPad T420 with drm-kmod on 12.0-RELEASE

On 1/3/19 7:01 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
> Can you test out the drm-legacy-kmod pkg and see if that resolves these
> issues?  There was a recent user report that Ivy Bridge was working with
> the drm-kmod package, but it's possible I was mistaken there.

Sorry, yes, to be clear, I don't get these hangs with drm-legacy-kmod.

drm-kmod also "works," except when it does hang. It takes a bit of use
to shake out the hang, and I'd also like to track down what's going on.

I also thought to ask here, if any other Ivy Bridge users are noticing
the same thing.

--
Kevin Zheng
kevinz5000@gmail.com | kevinz@berkeley.edu | PGP: 0xC22E1090