Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2017 20:48:50 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        Michael Fuckner <michael@fuckner.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mini sas forward/ reverse cables ?

> On Mar 12, 2017, at 5:02 PM, Michael Fuckner <michael@fuckner.net> wrote:
>=20
>> On 3/12/2017 9:54 PM, Mark Saad wrote:
>> All
>>  I read this post on zfs corruption and there is an interesting comment a=
bout cable types .
>>=20
>> http://changelog.complete.org/archives/9769-silent-data-corruption-is-rea=
>> The part of the story I found interesting was how the disks didn't show u=
p in the controller bios .
> > I have that issue with a similar card on this server . So has anyone > e=
ver seen this cabling issue ? Is it worth changing? How do I know
> > which cable I have ?
>=20
>=20
> it's pretty straight forward- if your controller is multilane and backplan=
e single- you need a straight cable. This is the default!
>=20
> If your controller is single and your backplane is multilane, your cable n=
eeds to be cross over. If it is working, there is no need to change.
>=20

What sort of markings would I look for ? Are the connections different ? Als=
o the post indicated it was something they overlooked on their initial build=
out that gave them a working ( albeit poorly ) setup .

> Regards,
> Michael!
>=20
>=20