Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2022 12:50:28 +0200
From:      Santiago Martinez <sm@codenetworks.net>
To:        Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel panic during zfs pool import

--------------jQz2ee25Zbbc8jL0zN4gkdIG

Still the same with current.....(from today).

Opening a PR for it..

Santi

On 8/22/22 10:43, Santiago Martinez wrote:
> Thanks Toommas,
> I compiling current right now and will give it a try, hopefully, will
> be able to mount and recover the machine.
> Will also open a PR as even if the is any corruption/pool damage it
> should not panic the machine.
>
> Santi
>

> On 8/18/22 21:45, Toomas Soome wrote:
>>

>>> On 18. Aug 2022, at 18:46, Santiago Martinez <sm@codenetworks.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I have a server running 13.1-stable that was powered off
>>> (gracefully) and now is been powered on again and we have the
>>> following problem.
>>>
>>> The server boots almost properly, kernel load and when zfs import
>>> other pools it panic with the following message.
>>>
>>> "panic : Solaris (panic) zfs: adding existent segment to range tree
>>> (offset=4af2ca9000 size=a0000)".
>>>
>>> if i boot into single user and the pools (most specifically pool01 )
>>> is not imported then there is no panic. but as soon as we try to
>>> import pool01 we get that panic error. it worth mentioning that the
>>> pool imported/online before.
>>>
>>> Have two question:
>>>
>>> *    How i can tell to not import the pool automatically during boot
>>> so sever is not stuck in a boot/panic/reboot infinite loop?
>>
>> removing zpool.cache should do. unfortunately, you would need to boot
>> alternate root (usb/cd/net) for that.
>>

>>> *    Anybody know what this panic means?
>>>

>> in short - bug. I’d try to boot current and import pool there - maybe
>> the issue is fixed in current…
>>
>> rgds,
>> toomas
>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> Santi

--------------jQz2ee25Zbbc8jL0zN4gkdIG

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:d252839b-8e70-cbbb-8da0-713d2e554e1e@codenetworks.net">
      Thanks Toommas, <br>
      I compiling current right now and will give it a try, hopefully,
      will be able to mount and recover the machine. <br>
      Will also open a PR as even if the is any corruption/pool damage
      it should not panic the machine.<br>
        cite="mid:5F75D096-F28C-436E-B5C0-4A0EFA7A5F3C@me.com">
          charset=UTF-8">
              &lt;<a href="mailto:sm@codenetworks.net"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">sm@codenetworks.net</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
                I have a server running 13.1-stable that was powered off
                (gracefully) and now is been powered on again and we
                have the following problem.<br class="">
                The server boots almost properly, kernel load and when
                zfs import other pools it panic with the following
                message.<br class="">
                "panic : Solaris (panic) zfs: adding existent segment to
                range tree (offset=4af2ca9000 size=a0000)".<br class="">
                if i boot into single user and the pools (most
                specifically pool01 ) is not imported then there is no
                panic. but as soon as we try to import pool01 we get
                that panic error. it worth mentioning that the pool
                imported/online before.<br class="">
                Have two question:<br class="">
                *    How i can tell to not import the pool automatically
                during boot so sever is not stuck in a boot/panic/reboot
                infinite loop?<br class="">
              background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="">zpool.cache
              should do. unfortunately, you would need to boot alternate
              root (usb/cd/net) for that.</span></div>
                *    Anybody know what this panic means?<br class="">
            there - maybe the issue is fixed in current…</div>
                Santi<br class="">

--------------jQz2ee25Zbbc8jL0zN4gkdIG--