Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 01:52:46 -0000 (GMT)
From:      awhawks@usa.net
To:        (Leif Neland) <leifn@image.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: AS/400

On 27-Jan-98 Leif Neland wrote:
>At 27 Jan 98 14:10:41 Asgeir Halldorsson wrote regarding AS/400
>
> AH> Can someone tell me if they know of any good client for AS/400
>
>Client? Some company which uses AS/400?
>Or a ftp-client; telnet-client, http, nfs? I think you need to be more
>specific.

If it is connected via lan then any ftp client should work. For a telnet
should use tn5250(none for freebsd as far as I know). The telnet streams
work best if a 5250 data stream is used but you can connect as a vt100
terminal but you loose functionality. http? I think some as400's have a
web server on then so any web browser should work. I don't have a clue
about nfs in regards to the as400.

I hope this help answer your question.

E-Mail: awhawks@usa.net
Date: 28-Jan-98