Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 02:48:21 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron+usenet@coitusmentis.info>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: subversion-python-1.1.3

On 2005-03-09, Benson Wong scribbled these
curious markings:
> I installed the port from a package. One thing that I can't seem to
> find is mod_dav_svn, is the package compiled with it?. I used to run an
> older version of subversion which I compiled from the port with
> WITH_MOD_DAV_SVN, but the package doesn't seem to include it.

[(21:45:38) apeiron@prophecy ~] pkg_info -L subversion-python-1.1.3.tgz | grep dav
/usr/local/include/subversion-1/mod_dav_svn.h
/usr/local/include/subversion-1/svn_dav.h
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.a
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.0
[(21:45:53) apeiron@prophecy ~] pkg_info -L subversion-1.1.1 | grep dav
/usr/local/include/subversion-1/mod_dav_svn.h
/usr/local/include/subversion-1/svn_dav.h
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.a
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so
/usr/local/lib/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.0
/usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so <-- I build mine from source
with WITH_MOD_DAV_SVN.
[(21:46:06) apeiron@prophecy ~]

Doesn't seem to be, no. If you take a look at pkg_info -v
subversion-python-1.1.3.tgz (note: lots of output) and look for
mod_dav_svn.so, you'll see that it's commented out in the plist -- along
with (obviously) the Perl bindings (for which there isn't even a
package :( ), among other items.

Best Regards,
Christopher Nehren
If you ask the wrong questions, you get answers like "42" and "God".