Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2022 03:11:40 -0700
From:      latincom@vcn.bc.ca
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Correct img to install on vmm openbsd?

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2022, at 06:31, latincom@vcn.bc.ca wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> i have had installed FreeBSD at vultr without a problem!, but if i try
>> install it in other hosting, it does not work/
>>
>> What is the correct img to install over VMM openbsd please?
>>
>> Second question:
>> I have had problems working to install Lets encrypt, what could be the
>> siplest wat please?
>>
>> thanks
>
> Welcome to FreeBSD! It helps to provide a bit more information.

Thank you.

> - what other hosting?

ircnow (buyvm)

> - how are you installing?

vultr have 2 options: v 13.1 and v 12.3 i just choose one and thats it.

> - what's different between your vultr setup and the other hosting?

vultr  no problem; buyvm: i tested a qcow2 image and one img, of 13.0
13.1, and one named intall disk; no one worked, on error, nothing.

> I generally use the memstick.img everywhere, unless they specifically
> request an ISO image.

i think, i tested that one

> For vmm, try http://eradman.com/posts/vmm.html assuming that the problem
> he mentions has since been resolved.
>
> For LE, there are many to choose from:

ok i am going to test them thanks.

> - https://www.freshports.org/security/acme.sh IMO the simplest one
>
> also:
>
> - https://www.freshports.org/security/uacme
> - https://www.freshports.org/security/acmetool
> - https://www.freshports.org/security/acmed
>
> In all cases you will need to be clear about what webserver you tried
> and what setup you are using.

Default Nginx and Sendmail only.