Date:      Sat, 9 Apr 2005 15:37:33 +0100
From:      Luke Edgeworth <primereflex@gmail.com>
To:        neon abelgas <neonski24@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie help on Jail

On Apr 9, 2005 3:11 AM, neon abelgas <neonski24@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi! I just created a Jail environment for my freebsd as a virtual
> machine.. my problem is,I cant access my cdrom drive inside my jail
> (sysinstall and mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt)  an access permission
> errorr return.. Is there anyway to access my cdrom inside my jail?
> thnk's

in /etc/devfs.rules you need to create an new devfs(8) rule like so:
[devfsrules_jail_cdrom=5]
add include $devfsrules_jail
add path 'acd*' unhide

then modify your rc.conf:

# Example
jail_list="vjail"
jail_vjail_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail_cdrom"
jail_vjail_devfs_enable="YES"

obviously replacing jjail with your jail defined in jail_list