Date:      Tue, 04 Jun 2019 02:33:27 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enabling synaptics and elantech touchpads by default

On June 3, 2019 11:31:21 PM GMT+03:00, Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd=2Eor=
g> wrote:
>Hi!
>I've created a reveiew, https://reviews=2Efreebsd=2Eorg/D20507, to enable=
=20
>synaptics and elantech touchpads by default=2E
>
>Today, these tunables needs to be set on boot for users to get full use
>
>of their touchpads, even when using X=2E  By enabling this, things like=
=20
>two finger scroll will work in X by default, meaning we get a more user
>
>friendly appearance=2E
>
>Is there any reason not to do this?

Probably buggy hardware, as usual?

But the ONLY system I ever saw a problem on is the ASUS Eee PC 900 (where =
elantech support breaks all mouse movement)=2E Which is an extremely irrele=
vant joke of a machine=2E I only booted it for the nostalgia/laughs/dmesgd=
=2Enycbug posts=2E

Definitely +1 to enabling by default=2E Reducing the amount of tunables re=
quired for modern desktop use is very good=2E