Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:23:39 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@melaten.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: opendx-4.1.3_1

On Wed 2002-04-10 (13:06), Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
> > [...]
>
> What's missing here? I'd like to see at least the checks for dependent
> packages.
>
> > cd .. && autoheader
> > ./aclocal.m4:17: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
> > acspecific.m4:907: AC_CYGWIN is expanded from...
> > ./aclocal.m4:17: the top level
> > autoconf: tracing failed
>
> [...]
> > The compilation and install goes all well, but the execution
> > ends with core dump. When I type "dx", the general "Data Explorer"
> > dialog pops up, but when I click here on "New Visual Program..." I get:
>
> See the patches in the files/ directory.
>
> > Any ideas why it's such a pain to get opendx ran on a FreeBSD system?
>
> It isn't. The package builds fine on our package building machine (see
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/packages-4-full/All/opendx-4.1.3_1.tgz).

Yes, it is.  I had to remove autoconf and automake to make it build.
I've just retested with the latest autoconf and automake, reinstalled
from scratch, and it dies with the error above, full with warnings:

WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
aclocal.m4:17: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
autoconf/specific.m4:355: AC_CYGWIN is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:17: the top level
autoheader: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

bento will work because it won't install autoconf and automake.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org