Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:41:45 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Mattias Amnefelt <mattiasa@stacken.kth.se>
Cc:        nbm@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: conf/11626: /var/log/kerberos is rotated

On 18 Jul 2000 22:58:22 +0200, Mattias Amnefelt wrote:

> Well, I don't think it should be rotaded since the kerberos-logs are only
> created on the kerberos server, which isn't enabled by default. In my world
> atleast people want to keep their kerberoslogs for something quite close to
> eternity.

I think that the precedent for rotation has been set.  If it's part of
the base system and it logs to /var/log, you should expect its logs to
be rotated out of existence if you don't play with newsyslog.conf.

I'd rather have consistency in this regard, even though your argument
about the importance of persistent kerberos logs is valid.

Neil, will you close the PR?

Ciao,
Sheldon.