Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 1995 20:33:52 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Let's compress our manpages!

 * (someone else finished off the port and the commit), i don't know how to

>From what I can find in the logs, Jordan (jkh@freebsd.org) picked up
your port and committed it.

 * i notice that vile is not in the list of unstripped binaries satoshi
 * included.  my original makefile didn't do any stripping, unless
 * "/usr/bin/install -c" does it for me, which i somehow doubt.  so, either
 * a) vile is not in /usr/local/bin at all, b) someone added a "strip" line
 * to the makefile already, c) i'm even more confused than i thought i was,
 * or d) more than one of the above.

As far as I can tell, the initial patches/patch-aa adds "-s" to the
install, so that's where they are getting stripped.  Maybe Jordan did
it.

I'll compress the man pages for you.  Thanks for the reply.

Satoshi