Date:      Tue, 4 May 2010 15:45:35 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: anybody know if there is a 32-bit distro of pcbsd?

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 04:32:51PM -0500, Andrew Gould wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
> >
> > last night i started an upgrade on my ubuntu linux via the net.
> > finished this morning, and after thoroughly checking stuff, i
> > can't reboot.  (i have multiple copies of stuff everywhere so did
> > not lose much if anything.) this may be the time to give pc-bsd
> > a try.  before i surf over, does anybody know if there is a
> > version for older computers.  my thinkpad is a 2005, 3.0ghz, a
> > gig of ram, lots of diskspace....
> >
> > tx,
> >
> > gary
>
> You can find 32 and 64 bit versions of PC-BSD 8.0 (the latest release) here:
>
> http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/152/11/
>
> Your computer meets the recommended specifications as far as processor
> speed and RAM.
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Andrew

	thanks to you and chris w.  i am downloading the .ISO dvd,
	not the .IMG version.  guessing that the iso will work
	[because i've heard of it:)]

	gary

	PS: A FWIW:  and this is pretty significant, considering....
	but for the past few week, 3-6 maybe, i have been able to
	listen to and watch almost all audio/video streams using our
	FreeBSD.  I THink it may be the openjdk7 ...  .

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php