Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:19:54 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solution: Sendmail 8.11.3 on FreeBSD 4.2

On 14 Mar 2001, at 12:05, Greg Black wrote:

> "Dan Langille" writes:

> | > |

> | > Hmmm...
> | >
> | >     $ uname -rs
> | >     FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE
> | >     $ cat /usr/src/UPDATING
> | >     cat: /usr/src/UPDATING: No such file or directory
> | >
> | > Perhaps the documentation should be installed more thoroughly.
> |
> | Perhaps you should install the documentation.
>
> I chose something that implied documentation on the sysinstall
> menu; it didn't install that file.

There is more documentation than what sysinstall gives you.  The
documentation in question is useful for people who are updating their
system, say from 4.2-RELEASE to 4.2-STABLE.  Hence the name of
the file in question.  You don't have that file because you don't need it.
If you were upgrading to 4.2-STABLE, this file would be installed as part
of the cvsup step of your upgrade.

If you are still interested in this file, you can obtain the latest version of
this file at:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/UPDATING?rev
=HEAD

That's what you want.  When I said "the", I meant /usr/src/UPDATING.
That's what David O'Brien was referring to.

--
Dan Langille
pgpkey - finger dan@unixathome.org | http://unixathome.org/finger.php