Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 2020 23:55:50 +0200
From:      "Ronald Klop" <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Mateusz Guzik" <mjg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devel/sigar breakage on 13-current (fd_lastfile)

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 15:50:41 +0200, Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed cassandra3/4 is not build on 13-current. It does build on 11
> and 12.
> The cause is breakage in the devel/sigar port on 13-current. It is a
> fairly recent breakage.
>
> works:
> http://beefy18.nyi.freebsd.org/data/head-amd64-default/p541901_s363088/logs/sigar-1.7.3_2.log
>
> broken:
> http://beefy18.nyi.freebsd.org/data/head-amd64-default/p543559_s363627/logs/errors/sigar-1.7.3_2.log
>
> The error seems to be in a missing sys/filedesc.h include. This is a big
> guess of my side.
> darwin_sigar.c:1968:27: error: no member named 'fd_lastfile' in 'struct
> filedesc'
>      procfd->total = filed.fd_lastfile;
>
> I noticed the working build is in Jail OSVERSION: 1300101 and the broken
> one is in Jail OSVERSION: 1300101.
> I'm wondering if it is possible to get a more fine grained version nr of
> the working/broken version. And while I'm typing this I see that the
> URLs contain s363088 and s363627. Is this the OS revision?
>

> If somebody knows the fix please go ahead. I did not make a PR yet.
> Building and setting up proper jails/poudrieres on my home machine will
> take quite some time.
>
> Regards,
> Ronald.

I found this commit to be to culprit.
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=363214

The code did "filed.fd_lastfile". This was retrieved by reading kvm.
Current code should do fdlastfile(&filed), but the linker can't find the
method. I think because the method is defined in the kernel.
What is the best way to retrieve this value in userland?

Regards,
Ronald.