Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:28:48 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for something to do?

--=-8LiQgnlV7Lyro5zaNJb3

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 23:25, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:22:06 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org=
>=20
> wrote:
>=20
> >> speeds
> >>
> >> Yep, I am using this patch and it does list all max and 1x to 16x.. My
> >> CD-RW is 16x10x40.

> >> You mean, erease cd? If yes, then I don't have any cd-rw blank around=20
> >> but
> >> I can buy. I always buy cd-r blank. :-)
> >
> > I mean, do you get the checkbox that allows you to enable blanking of
> > the disk?
> <snip>
>=20
> I couldn't find any option of blank, so attaching a screenshot of it.

Sorry, I meant "Erase CD."  It looks like it works.

>=20

> >> 'Devices'
> >> don't
> >> and

> >> Here's an attach of screenshot for Device tab.
> >
> > Do you have IP configured on that interface?  My Devices tab shows me a=
> > IP address, netmask, broadcast, multicast flag, MTU, and state.
> > However, none of that info will come up if the interface doesn't have I=
> > configured.
>=20
> Umm, I couldn't find where I can put IP in there. Isn't it supposed to be=
=20
> done by automatic? I can see is dc0, plip0 and lo0 in the drop menu, but=20
> no effect when I click on it. The gDesklets and gkrellm work fine here to=
=20
> pick up the IP and other info of net, traffic and etc.

No, those should be filled in automatically in gnome-netinfo if the
interface already has IP configured on it.  I've tested under -CURRENT
and -STABLE, and it works under both.  What messages do you see on the
console when gnome-netinfo is launched?

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,