Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:26:52 +0100
From:      Alistair Sutton <alistair.sutton@gmail.com>
To:        "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: GNOME 2.12 available for FreeBSD

On 14/09/05, Scott I. Remick <scott@sremick.net> wrote:
> I'm a bit confused. Which module is 2.12 in? I pulled in the stable modul=
> (what I normally have done when Marcus releases a new Gnome but it hasn't
> reached the official ports yet) but it's not appearing. Is it still in th=
> devel module? I would think that the devel module would just have 2.11 or
> 2.12 while it was being worked on, and that if 2.12 is indeed done for
> FreeBSD it'd be in stable... but maybe someone can clarify. Thanks!

As far as I understand it, the ports-stable module from Marcuscom is
there for when the ports tree is in a freeze and is used to hold
updates that will go into the tree as soon as the freeze ends.

2.12 is still in the devel tree as it is such a big change and the
developers are waiting for 6.0 to get branched before integrating it.

Al
--=20
GPG/PGP: http://www.no-dns-yet.org.uk/~everlone/pubkey.gpg