Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:23:49 -0500
From:      Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distributed filesystems

Greg Troxel wrote:

  There's also arla (afs working client, and server that I'm not sure of
  the status).

There are two implementations of afs; arla and openafs.  For an afs server
you are probably better off with openafs.  For client I don't think either
one works well on 6.x, although arla is probably closer to working than
openafs.

If anyone wants to work on the openafs client I will be happy to point you
in the right direction, and take care of merging the result in to the
openafs cvs.