Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:06:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
To:        Christoph Haas <ch@adimus.de>
Cc:        Jason George <jbg@masterplan.org>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Starting point?

> Well, seems that we now have a point to start from. How should we go
> on now ? I think we should divide things up so that we don't have to
> reinvent the wheel every time we write a new piece of code. What about
> a list of necessary tasks and code-chunks (have a look at the
> freebsd-alpha webpages on www.freebsd.org), where everyone can pick a
> task and work on it ?

Well, one thing is to look at the OpenBSD code for the various
devices, like the bw2, cg6, and other cards.  No matter what cpu
set, except the UltraAXi and other PCI based systesms, you need
to get the SBus devices.  I recomend OpenBSD over NetBSD, mainly
Theo did a large part of the sparc port of NetBSD, so the code in
OpenBSD should be more up to date.

Stefan