Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:36:42 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Helping victims of terror

On Friday 14 September 2001 18:05, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com> writes:
> > Apparently this Ladden guy was a top official in the Saudi government not
> > that long ago.  Unfortunately, the Saudi government had to kick him out
> > because Saudi Arabia (as a whole) was pursuing a more peaceful stance
> > with the rest of the world, and Ladden just wouldn't play along.  Now
> > he's a refugee training terrorists, whereas he was controlling armies not
> > that long ago.
>
> Bollocks.  You need to check your facts more carefully.

Gee. It's nice how you snip out the part where I admit that my facts might
be wrong, just before you berate me.

> Firstly, his
> name is Usama bin Laden, not "this Ladden guy";

There's an ancient tradition - I don't remember where it originated, but it
goes something like this:
If you dislike someone or don't respect them, you intentionally forget their
name as a way of showing that.
Sorry if I wasn't clear about what's-his-name.  Does the previous sentence
clear it up?

As far as the rest of your statement, it's very likely that my earlier sources
were false.  I admitted that when I wrote the original message.  I now have
two stories, both of which are hearsay.  However, neither one of them refutes
my theory, which you had nothing to say about.  Thanks for the information.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology technical services