Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:33:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XML category

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote to Ryan Thompson:

> Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com> writes:
> > Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote to ports@FreeBSD.ORG:
> > > Does anybody else than me think we should have a separate category
> > > for XML-related ports?
> > Before I answer that... How would you define ``XML related port''?
>
> XML DTDs and catalogs, and XML processing tools or libraries.
> There are about 60 or 70 such ports in textproc by my count, and an
> unkown number spread around in devel and java, and possibly www.
> Some of those (like java/xalan) should move, while others (like
> www/p5-AxKit) should just have "xml" tacked onto their CATEGORY.

I am not convinced that we need an xml directory in ports, but, based
on the numbers you've given here, there are a significant number of
XML ports. So, a virtual xml category might be somewhat useful in that
case.

- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon