Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:15:03 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: {a}sync updates (was Re: make install trick)

> > There should be fairly few writes to the root partition, so having
>
> An opionion.  I use the HP workstation model where my / is 1800M.  I have
> no use for /var and /usr and find them simply stupid in today's world.
> (except for ISP's where there is cause for a septerate /var).
>
> Lets stick to facts.
>
> --
> -- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)

	You are not disagreeing with him, David. You are just talking about another
scenario other than the one under discussion.

	He was talking about the case where root is small. This whole discussion
was about how softupdates behaves in the subcase of small root partitions.

	If you have a 1.8Gb root partition that also includes /var and /usr, this
whole discussion is irrelevant.

	DS