Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:07:18 -0500
From:      "Salvatore Riccio" <svrmsn@email.msn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't login using nis (yp)

I've installed freebsd 2.2.5-RELEASE and enabled ypbind in rc.conf. A "ps"
shows
that the process is running. I issue the command:

ypcat passwd | grep <user>

which shows that the freebsd system queries the yp server which return the
user
information. The /etc/passwd file on the freebsd system  was edited to
include the in the last line
to add  to this file the yp servers password maps.

When I login in as this user my password gets rejected, yet other systems on
the
network login in correctly. The exact message is

login incorrect

Help would be appreciated, Thank you
S. Riccio, svrmsn@msn.com