Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:45:52 +0400
From:      "Oleg Semyonov" <os@ktpk.dp.ua>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dialup PPP Server: HOW TO...

Hello All!

I want to install my own PPP dialup server with next features:
  1) I want to use more than one tty for dialup access;
  2) I want to use dynamic peer IP allocation for MS clients;
  3) I want to use either login or AutoPPP+PAP/CHAP for auth;
  4) I want to use _allocated_ peer IP address for controlling
     access to my LAN and Internet ports and addresses via IPFW.
Can I do all things with pppd without patching of source?

I can't use tty number for peer IP address selection because
I have some number of peers with different LAN permissions (IPFW), so
different IP addresses must be used for login on that tty.

I can't use peer login name for IP address selection because
peer may be authenticated via PAP/CHAP inside of pppd process
(no standard login procedure), so no way to define remote IP based
on this auth (I may check IP by secret file but I need to _send_
peer IP via IPCP - I do not want to set peer IP addresses manually
on client side).

Possible solution may be to instruct pppd to send peer IP address
which was selected from one of addresses allowed for already
authenticated client (and some IPs may be unavailable because
others clients with same priviledges and so IPs allowed (for IPFW)
may be connected at same time).

Could anybody help me?

Oleg Semyonov