Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:32:28 +0100
From:      "=?iso-8859-2?Q?Robert_'Shadow'_Paj=B1k?=" <shadow@kki.pl>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Strange behaviour ...

Hey!

Maybe some noticed similiar behaviour ... We're running FBSD 3.0-RELEASE at
our free server (over 80 thousands of ppl from Poland has e-mail and www
pages on it).
Few days ago we started to notice some strange behaviour - system was saing:

Date, timestamp www /kernel: swap_pager: suggest more swap space: 254 MB

But swap space is about 750 of MB! What is more interesting, that all this
actions
are being made at night! (3 a.m local time). What's more interesting that
swap is on new SCSI drive - when badsectors should not exist, and even if
they would be there they should be skipped by SCSI hardware.

So, has anyone spotted sth similliar ? Or can system do any maintain tasks
at night which are not regarded in CronTab ?

TIA, Shadow

--
Robert Paj±k (shadow@kki.pl)
KKI Administrator/Security Officer