Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:47:13 -0600
From:      "jasonharback" <jasonharback@frontiernet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Sparc dual boot problems

Here's the situation

=20

The machine is a SUN ULTRA 5 and I have 4 IDE devices. I am new to SUN =
hardware I know much more about PC's.  The first device primary master =
is the cdrom which Solaris 10 and FreeBSD were successfully installed =
from.  Currently Solaris 10 which is the primary slave is the default =
boot device.  FreeBSD is installed on the primary slave drive.  I am =
used to the FreeBSD install on a PC and during that install it gave time =
for configuring the boot loader but I can't find it on the recent Sparc =
FreeBSD edition?  During the partition process it says I will have the =
option to configure the boot loader latter.  Right now I can't boot =
FreeBSD and I have no idea how to configure this machine to make it dual =
boot?  I would like to have Solaris 10 as the primary O/S, FreeBSD as =
the secondary and Sparc Linux on the third hd. =20

=20

Can you please help?

Jason Harback