Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:41:32 -0400
From:      "Marcel Mason" <mmasonb208@rogers.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Annonymous FTP permissions - no execute

I would like to allow annonymous users to upload files to FreeBSD 4.4
server.

The default install puts ftp in /var/ftp, I would like annonymous users to
be able to upload files to /var/ftp/pub/incoming but not have execute
permissions on that directory. Getting the (world) permissions of rw- is not
difficult however when they are set like that no directory listing is
available - unless I am doing something wrong - until I use rwx however I am
not really interested in giving annonymous users the ability to upload
scripts and run them.

Is there any way (other than constant monitoring) to prevent this type of
folder from becoming a warez haven?

Any suggestions appreciated.