Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 00:32:38 -0500
From:      "Alfred" <alfred@sol.racsa.co.cr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   startx??

Hi everyone!
I am a new user of FreeBSD, I just install 3.1 from the CDROM.
After login as root, I want to start XWindow, so I type startx, but I get
the following message:
execve failed for /use/X11R6/bin/x (errno2)
_X11TransSocketUnixConnect: Can't connect: errno=2
(repeating six times)
giving up.
xinit: Nosuch file or directory (erro2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno3): server error.
I missed some file to install, (I got the CD from CheapBytes), or did I just
do any step wrong?
And I am puzzled by the command in FreeBSD, where can I get to know some
basic command?
Really thanks for telling me the answer.
Alfred
alfred@sol.racsa.co.cr