Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:17:20 -0400
From:      "Shawn" <list@pc-remedies.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with make install for php4

Hello,=20

 I have just finished installing FreeBSD 4.10 i386. I srarted with the=20
kernal. After and update of ports with cvs I moved to mysql.=20
(cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server)  After mysql I did apache=20
(cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl). After apache I went to do php4. as=20
follows=20

cd  /usr/ports/lang/php4=20
make install=20

A blue screen jumped up and it asked about apache support a did not take =
my=20
time and read it. I believe it may have said apache 2 support. Because =
now=20
I'm getting this error when attempting to make install php4.=20

<snip>=20
checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no =

checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS...=20
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `BINDIR'=20
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `MPM_NAME'=20
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APU_BINDIR'=20
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APR_BINDIR'=20
./configure: /apu-config: not found=20
./configure: /apr-config: not found=20
configure: error: You have enabled Apache 2 support while your server is =

Apache 1.3.  Please use the appropiate switch --with-apxs (without the =
2)=20
=3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.=20
<end snip>=20

I have tried using make install --with-apache  as well as make install =
--=20
with-apache1=20

If someone can point me in a direction that would be great.=20

--=20
Cheers=20
Shawn