Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:20:31 -0800
From:      "John Purser" <johnmpurser@home.com>
To:        "'J McKitrick'" <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: amazon email response

That's the same form letter I got when I closed my account a month or so
ago.  One really funny part about this situation is in Jeff Bezos's letter
to Tim O'Reilly.  Jeff claims that he will only enforce the patent against
businesses that have acted in an anti-competitive manner!

I started recommending Powells as an alternative to Amazon but read in the
paper this morning that they're embroiled in a labor dispute.  It's a "Union
Shop or not" issue which I'm not comfortable supporting or fighting (no
clear bad guy) so I'm looking for an alternative for online book buying.

I'm trying to avoid the big guys and I want a good selection, rapid
shipping, and a good web site.  In short, Amazon without the patent issue.

Anybody got any suggestions?

John Purser

Currently boycotting Amazon.com
To find out why visit: