Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 14:26:00 +0200
From:      "Clemens Hermann" <haribeau@gmx.de>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mly rebuild problem

Hi,

I use the mylex Acceleraid 170 on FreeBSD 4.3. When I use a mirror and one
spare drive everything works fine if I remove one drive from the array. The
spare is syncronized with the remainig drive of the array and after this
there are two drives back online (spare and the remainig mirror-disk).
If I re-insert the second disk from the mirror it is not synchronized.
Same thing happens if I only have a two-drive mirror (without spare). If I
remove one I get the kernel-message. If I re-insert is it is /not/
integrated into the array, just nothing happens.
If I reboot the machine the drive is marked as critical in the
controller-setup.
I have acitvated automatic-rebuild in the controllers-setup.

any hints?

tia

/ch