Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:53:53 +0300
From:      "Nickolay A. Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange ipfw behavior

Hi all.
i am running FreeBSD box with ipfw and natd.
can you help me explaining some strange behavior of ipfw:

box# ipfw show
<skip>
2600    13    728    deny log ip from any to any
65535    75    23790    deny ip from any to any

some explanations needed: rule 2600 is the last rule in my rc.firewall
script. It is applied when packet coming through ipfw does not match any
other rules - then packet is denied and logged.
My question to FreeBSD gurus is: why are some packets still reaching rule
65535 despite rule 2600?

Please help me, or show me another mailing list where i can ask this
question - i posted it to security, because i consider all ipfw question as
security-related (after all, firewalls are for security - that's my
opinion).

i am running 3.3-RELEASE