Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:40:47 -0500
From:      "Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net>
To:        "Thomas Cannon" <tcannon@noops.org>, "Geoffrey T. Falk" <gtf@cirp.org>
Cc:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPv6 risk with ssh?

you can also disable ipv6 by specifying in /etc/rc.conf

ipv6_enable="NO"

iirc ssh's ipv46 is ipv6 translation to ipv4 via the faith device. can
someone comment on this? (i could be wrong).

aren't we supposed to start switching to IPV6 anyway?  personally, I would
like to do all my freebsd-to-freebsd ssh'ing via ipv6, but i haven't had
time to fool around with registering ipv6 addresses with DNS servers yet
(and typing in/memorizing ipv4 IPs is a lot easier than ipv6 IPs :).
furthermore, i don't know of any attacks that have used ipv6 protocols since
not every router supports it yet.  In this case, security through obscurity
is ok maybe?