Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2022 16:47:40 +0100
From:      <louis.freebsd@xs4all.nl>
To:        "'Kirk McKusick'" <mckusick@mckusick.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: DESPARATE: How to stop FreeBSD form sleeping / disable ACPI? (on FreeBSD14 CURRENT)

I noticed that after disabling gdm in /etc/rc.conf ^"gdm_enable=3D"N"^ =
the system stays active.
However ..... that is also the end the GUI .... in this case GNOME.

Since I could not work which a machine hibernating every ^10 minutes^, I =
have disabled gdm for the moment.=20
That does not take away that that is ...... ridiculous !!

There should be a way to disable ACPI in FreeBSD so that even gdm can =
not "kill" the machine !!
I say ^kill^ because there is also another bug, the machine is not =
properly restarting form hibernation,=20
Even not from S1.

Louis =20