Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:33:12 +0700
From:      "Leonard Ong" <Leonard_Ong@iname.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Setup and installation

Dear friends,

First, Please forgive me if this is not the place to question about my
problem.  I just have installed freeBSD for the first time.  I have been in
Linux for several time, so i am not completely blind about un*x variant
OSes.

Second, The problem is :
1) Is it true that there is indicator meter that shows you how much in size
for packages
   you have selected before installing them ? To prevent the possibility
selecting packages
   with size > total space available ?
2) I see that many of basic / most needed utils like X window and WM is not
dependable,
   and we have to config everything manually.  Is this true ? Under linux
distribution
   though they are not doing 100 % for us, but they simplify things by using
default script
3) I don't want to install all sources, but kernel only.  How much space i
need for installing
   kernel sources and under which package name ?  I need to build my own
kernel.
4) When I want to mount_ext2fs, it said ext2 filesystem not available. What
does it mean ?

Third, I am using K6/200, 32 Megs and 2.2.6 FreeBSD 4 CDset

Please forgive me if what i ask already on the FAQ and HandBook.. I read
most of them, but I might miss them.

Thank you

Regards,
Leonard Ong
Leonard Ong Advanced Research,Inc

Leonard Ong| Confusious said : " The Journey of thousands miles
  (Íõ¶°ºÀ) |  begins with a small single step "
           | Leonard_Ong@iname.com - Share Knowledge together!
  Powered  | 68FB C87E 8A0D EC9F EC82  A6FC C547 B4E4 CA46 94DB