Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:18:56 -0600
From:      "Charles Pelletier" <fozekizer@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   internal compiler error during make buildworld

I haven't had this problem show up before when upgrading.
During make buildworld everything went pretty smoothly UNTIL it got to
===>games
===>games/adventure
cc -0 -pipe    -traditional-cpp    -c /usr/src/games/adventure/main.c
cc: Internal compiler error:  program cc2 got fatal signal 11
***Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src/games/adventure
Stop in /usr/src/games
Stop in /usr/src
Stop in /usr/src
Stop in /usr/src

All Error code 1

I've done some googling but everything I've seen has been limited to
installations/upgrades of specific ports and not the whole process.
Ideas? Suggestions? Should I just setup a REFUSE file to avoid the games.

j/n case, these are the steps I'm following:
. cvsup cvsupfile
2. make -j4 buildworld
3. make installworld
4. make new kernel:  (/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/)
 cp OLDKERNEL NEWKERNEL
 ee NEWKERNEL (replace name of oldkernel with newkernel name)
 save
 run /usr/sbin/config NEWKERNEL
 make depend ../../compile/NEWKERNEL
 make
 make install
5. reboot

Now, for those of you wondering, no, I have not used mergemaster before and,
no, I've never had problems upgrading. I'm upgrading from 4.6 to 4.7.
any help is appreciated,

Charles Pelletier
Tech. Coordinator
St Luke's School