Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:23:37 -0000
From:      "def" <def@cablerocket.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dell inspiron 2650

tx for previous help on my laptop problem...I can get freebsd to install =
on my inspiron 2650 now, but theres issues.  I cannot seem to get x up =
without killing something....i have tried the 5.1 release and my screen =
goes all screwy...like its the wrong resolution...and =
control+alt+backspace doesnt kill the xserver (this is in the config =
area for x in /stand/sysinstall).  incidently in 5.1 you dont have to =
disable eisa to get loaded. =20

I tried 4.4 release that I got with my manual and that boots fine (as =
long as you boot without eisa support, and/or remove it from the kernel =
after installation), but wouldnt you know it?, I cant get x up on that =
one either.  I have been using a page I found in google to get =
operationl (http://www.kulish.com/article.php?story=3D20021115195213687) =
and everything goes fine until I add this bit on vidcontrol:
    echo "vidcontrol VESA_800x600" >> /etc/rc.local
after adding this I get as far in the boot as starting local daemons =
then reboot...no indication to me why this is happening.

so here I sit and ponder...and question...any help would be appreciated
tx in advance
Don=20