Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 04:33:18 -0700
From:      Dragos Ruiu <dr@kyx.net>
To:        "Andreas Alderud" <aaldv97@student.vxu.se>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Security and FreeBSD, my overall perspective

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000, Andreas Alderud wrote:
> I think it would be wise to have three ports of the ``same´´ package.
> My idea is to have lets say -SECURE, -STABLE - and CURRENT (the same could
> be done with FreeBSD itself).

If you are going to unify the BSD ports please make sure there is a nice way to
organize the ports subset onto a CD, image, transfer etc...

I kinda like the lighter more stripped down - and therefore easier to manipulate
OpenBSD ports tree... while the FreeBSD one is nice for comprehensiveness.....
(Just so we don't start any religious debates here. :-)

--dr