Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:54:12 +1100
From:      "John Saunders" <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>
To:        "Alexander B. Povolotsky" <tarkhil@synchroline.ru>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: weird problem - maybe in my head?

> On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Alexander B. Povolotsky wrote:
>
> > boot.flp (pathname doesn't mean) result in fetching about 10000 bytes
(ftom
> > 9288 to 10136), and after that point NOTHING is transferred. Server
doesn't
> > matter.
[snip]
> 	Maybe you have a braindamaged ISND TA or CSU/DSU or sattelite
> 	modem somewhere on your way? I recall some troubles like yours
> 	were due to crazy hardware.

Could very well be. I had a problem a while back that whenever I
displayed my mgetty logs my modem would hang up. It turns out that
the brain dead modem caught the +++ sequence and hung up. Until
I could replace the modem I simply used ssh to login so that the
encryption garbled the +++ sequence.

 ,--_|\  | John Saunders    mailto:John.Saunders@scitec.com.au   |
/  Oz  \ | SCITEC LIMITED   Phone +61294289563  Fax +61294289933 |
\_,--\_/ | "By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends." |