Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 01:36:19 +1100
From:      Zero Sum <count@shalimar.net.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PORT Firewalk

Firewalk wants libnet which is fine and built from port and includes the
routine build_ip().  I don't understand configure well enough to fix this.
Is the -current port broken or am I missing something?

checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g
wheel
checking for build_ip in -lnet... no
configure: error: No libnet?  No firewalk.
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:578: checking host system type
configure:599: checking target system type
configure:617: checking build system type
configure:660: checking for gcc
configure:737: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-L/usr/local/lib) works
configure:751: cc -o conftest -O -pipe  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c  1>&5
configure:771: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-L/usr/local/lib) is a cross-compiler
configure:776: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:785: cc -E conftest.c
configure:800: checking whether cc accepts -g
configure:828: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:849: cc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:899: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:952: checking for build_ip in -lnet
configure:971: cc -o conftest -O -pipe  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lnet
1>&5
/tmp/ccNB9221.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccNB9221.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `build_ip'
configure: failed program was:
#line 960 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char build_ip();

int main() {
build_ip()
; return 0; }