Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:16:29 -0600
From:      "Chuck Rock" <carock@epctech.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Hackers" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   New 4.2 complaint.

I just upgraded our main server to 4.2

I would like to know why nslookup is complaining about being deprecated and
may be removed from future releases. (why someone would remove it)

Are you guys on crack? nslookup is still tought as part of basic TCP/IP
troubleshooting technique, and I think your message about having it removed
is wrong, and would take away from FreeBSD's user friendlyness. Why would
you take away a tool that's installed on almost every TCP/IP application?

I'm no Guru, but I use nslookup about 2000 times a day, and it pisses me off
to see that it may be missing from future releases.

My 2 cents.

Chuck Rock