Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2002 02:54:10 +0300
From:      "Sergey Matvyehcuk" <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   port conflicts

Hello.

There are ports that can't to live together. E.g. lynx and lynx-current. If
you install one of them when other exists it rewrite files silently but you
will have both registered! Good point to deceive users.

I gues we need some mechanism to notify ports system about conflict ports.

Something like this:
CONFLICT_PORTS=    <ports list>

If any port from list installed user do 'make install' or pkg_add he will
get message like that:
"Port X can't be installed port Y. If you still want install this port
remove Y before"
and stops.

What do you think?

----