Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:17:35 +0200
From:      "Dambielle Yannick" <yannick.dambielle@free.fr>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tcpdump - tun/tap virtual interfaces

Hello everybody,

I've tried to dump some paquets sent to a virtual interface without any
success for a couple of hours so I ask for some helps to the list.
I use a FreeBSD 5.0, my kernel has been rebuilt and installed with the
following option in order to use a tap virtual interface : device tap
The virtual interface has been created (tap0) and I've attached the IP
adress 10.0.0.1. It seems ok, I can see it with ifconfig.
All the tests are local tests.
While I ping 10.0.0.1 (paquets are sent and not lost), I laught a tcpdump -i
tap0 from another shell... Nothing is dumped (?!)...
Well, if some of you has an idea, I'll be very happy.

Thank you in advance,

Yannick