Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:10:02 -0600
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@valuedata.net>
To:        "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, "FreeBSD Hackers" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Moving to KLM's

this isn't what i was asking....FWIW, my current kernel is 1.4M :P.

What i'm wanting to know is what is the minimal kernel (meaning what
HAS to be there for it to boot) that can be compiled.  I want to try using
the KLM feature for pretty much everything (if_dc, if_ed, ipfw, nfs, etc
etc),
mostly just so i can learn more about FBSD.

If I get some ideas about it, I can try and put together a MIN kernel
config file and submit it for committing.  I'm not asking for the file, just
some pointers on what lines need to be in it :).

Thanks,
-
Daryl Chance       | And which parallel universe did
ValueData, LLC     | YOU crawl out of?
Memphis, TN        |      - http://www.thinkgeek.com