Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2007 14:48:54 -0700
From:      "Don O'Neil" <lists@lizardhill.com>
To:        "'Derek Ragona'" <derek@computinginnovations.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Building a SAN using FreeBSD

Well, that's is a possibility, but seems a bit of a hack to me... The SAN
device would be interfaces to another FreeBSD box so there's no need for
Samba... what I'm looking for is a way to extend 1 file system to an
infinite size by adding additional devices/network boxes, like what is
available from HP and the bigger players, based on a journaled file system.
Multiple disks basically added together like RAID, but in a
software/hardware setup to create one large volume (and single file system).

The use would be for web services... so when a particular volume fills up I
can extend it by adding disks and not have to move home directories to
different file systems, etc...

  _____