Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:55:37 +0200
From:      Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Fl=FCgel?=)
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   upgrade from 4.5 to current fails

Hello Folks.

I currently try to upgrade from 4.5 STABLE to CURRENT.

I have cvsuped my source and already made buildworld and buildkernel.

But installworld failed with Signal 12 while installing chpass.
When I try to remove chpass from hand I get a "operation not permitted"
error. Apparently the immutable flag prevents the file from being deleted.
Which is strange because the securelevel should be 0 when I'm in single user
mode. So I should be able to change the immutable flag.

So I booted from my fixit floppy mounted my slices and chrooted to my root
partition. But even then installworld dies with Signal 12 while processing
chpass.
And rm -f chpass will give me an "operation not permitted" error.

So what is wrong here?

Any Ideas?

Regards

Christian