Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 21:16:46 -0700
From:      "Jeremy Buckner" <jeremy@cableaz.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   need suggestions

We just recently decided to start offering our Internet services to
businesses and not just to the usual single end-user. That being said I
need some advice in the way of services and a box to put them on. We plan
to offer domain hosting to include mail, web and all that sort of thing.
Bottom line is that I need to build a box that can handle all of my needs.
I would say that this server will never host more than 50 domains as we are
restricted by our cable plant in terms of adding business customers. I have
played with virtual domains in apache so I feel ok in that department, but
I have never hosted multiple mail domains. I need to learn how to do that
in whatever mail prog is best qmail, sendmail...whatever. I need to know
how to make bob@domain1 to be different from bob@domain2 and so on. I am
assuming that each business will have their own IT guy/gal who will want
some sort of control as far as uploading web pages and the like but how can
they build email addys and not bother or see the other domains on the
server? Forgive me my ignorance, but I have never had to do this before.
Thanks in advance.

JB