Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:42:40 -0400
From:      "Thomas Dwyer" <tom@dwyers.ca>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Courier-IMAP - Postfix - MySQL 4

Has anyone had problems getting courier-imap with mysql authentication =
working with mySQL 4.

I noticed when courier-imap installed from the ports it installed =
mysql-client-3.23; even though MyQL 4.1 was already installed and =
working fine.

I am also running postfix and it has problems connecting to the MySQL =
database as well.

The logfiles indicate somthing like  "the client is using a protocol =
unsupported by the server".

Is this something related to the now obsolete mysql_connect being =
replaced by mysql_real_connect?

If anyone knows of a port patch for this, please advise?  This server is =
purely for an IMAP mail server for several thousand users, so using =
MySQL 3.23 instead of 4.1 is not a problem if that is the only fix at =
this time.

Thanks
Tom